ORLIN Technologies can supply bespoke solutions in innovative motion systems for scientific instrumentation. Working in partnership with cutting edge, innovative designers of reliable and robust technologies that have been used in space, in leading universities and research laboratories.
Products include the fastest motorised microscope stage available, technologies for environmental testing, research and development and market-leading institutes around the world. We can supply products suitable for use in a vacuum, in a clean-room environment, in space and in cryogenic chambers.
ORLIN Technologies is the UK supplier for CEDRAT Technologies. CEDRAT is a high tech SME involving more than 40 employees based in the French Innovation Valley, close to Grenoble, specialising in the following areas:
- Smart Actuators: Actuators & motors based on piezoelectric ceramics, electroactive polymers, ultrasonic effects, magnetostrictive alloys, magnetorheological fluids (MRF) & magnetic effects (moving coils, moving iron); Applications including micro nano positioning, damping, vibration generation, acoustic transducers and micro actuators
- Smart Sensors: Magnetic, magnetoresistive, magnetostrictive, piezoelectric sensors, transformers or generators; force, torque, position, speed and acceleration sensors, including contactless sensors & resonant sensors.
- Mechatronic systems: Multi-degree-of-freedom mechanisms (XY stages, tilts); motion control; Active damping of vibrations; Vibration (ultrasonic or sonic) assistance; Proportional valves; Fast injectors
- Detection systems: Health monitoring; NDT using magnetic or acoustic effects; Remote detection systems for position, force and torque remote measurements.
- Technological training courses: CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES provides comprehensive training courses dedicated to engineers and technicians who wish to discover, improve or recover their knowledge in mechatronic products, systems and technologies.
Backed by years of experience, CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES’s extensive R&D activity is conducted by a multidisciplinary team of experts. Its laboratories are equipped with a complete library of engineering software and specialised measurement apparatus.
Between the standard products and the customised solutions, CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES provides existing “building blocks” to move quicker from specifications to a complete optimised design and evaluated prototypes.
Widely applied for precise and rapid actuation, optics, scientific instrumentation and control of vibrations, mechatronic products based on smart materials meet the most stringent specifications for aerospace and industry.