LML series low cost belt drive linear modules
LML series belt drive linear modules from Smart Motor Devices are designed for precise linear motion of light loads with great value for money.
The main structure of the LML series linear module is a T-slot aluminium extrusion which takes the role of a linear guide and provides convenient mounting options. The moving carriage is connected to a timing belt which is driven by a toothed wheel on a stepper motor. The carriage rides on 4 polycarbonate rollers which ensure smooth, quiet motion. These have an adjustable preload to eliminate backlash and cross motion.
Linear motion is 40mm per motor revolution. This gives a resolution of 0.2mm per full motor step (1.8 degrees) which can be increased with an appropriate microstepping driver.
The LML series are available with three standard travel lengths and two motor mounting positions. Additional options such as custom travel, limit switches and built in drivers are available on request.
|LINEAR MODULE||TRAVEL LENGTH, MM||STEPPER MOTOR POSITION|
- Nominal linear motion speed – 100 mm/s
- Linear displacement of the carriage per one motor revolution – 40 mm
- Linear displacement of the carriage per one motor step (1.8 ) – 0.2 mm
- Nominal force Fxnom at the carriage – 25 N
- Steady-state force Fx st at the carriage – 40 N
- The maximum permissible force at the carriage FY – 320 N
- The maximum permissible force at the carriage FZ – 320 N
- The maximum permissible torque at the carriage MX – 4 N*m
- The maximum permissible torque at the carriage MY – 5 N*m
- The maximum permissible torque at the carriage MZ – 6.5 N*m
- Nonfailure operating time – 5000 hours