ORLIN Technologies Ltd, in partnership with innovative designer and manufacturer CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES, is proud to launch the NEW linear Moving Iron Controllable Actuator (MICA) product line to the UK. The MICA range of products has been developed, with associated drive electronics, in response to a need for highly reliable, long-life solutions.
Moving Iron Controllable Actuators (MICA™) are magnetic actuators providing a controllable high force along the stroke. The patented technology of the MICA™ combines the power density of electro-magnetic actuators (EMA) and the controllability of moving coil actuators (MCCA). MICAs are versatile actuators: precise at low speed, efficient at resonance and providing high force above resonance frequency.
MICA products are particularly suited for dynamic applications requiring long strokes. MICA™ actuators provide:
- Large force in a compact design
- High dynamics, resulting in high acceleration
- High reliability
- High resolution: MICA™ actuators have continuous displacement, enabling them to reach high resolution.
- Low self-heating: MICA™’s configuration helps in thermal dissipation and has an integrated temperature sensor to monitor the coil heat. Additional cooling technologies can be added to further lower the operating temperature, if required for the environment.
Other options available are:
- Frictionless long life flexure bearings: the manufacturer’s experience in designing mechanisms has been applied to flexures, providing long life (more than 100 million cycles tested), friction free (linear behavior) and natural frequency that can be tuned.
- Incremental position sensor: Every MICA™ can integrate 15um resolution sensor. Higher performances (less than 1um) can be achieved upon request.
- Accessories: MICA™’s design is also compatible with standard mechanical accessories: brackets, ball joint, supports etc.
Please contact us for more information on the MICA range.