Custom Optical Encoders
Working directly with SMAC’s dedicated encoder division in the USA, ORLIN Technologies is now able to offer custom optical encoders to customers’ specification with impressive lead times and low costs.
The following examples should give an idea of our capabilities:
Custom rotary encoder for major pick and place OEM
To replace the previous end-of-life part from another manufacturer.
- Theta motor encoder
- 48K CPR, 16mm diameter
- Integrated onto motor
Custom rotary encoder for major wafer handling OEM
In this example, the previous encoder supplier made this critical part obsolete at very short notice, which meant the customer needed a rapid solution.
- Designed in two weeks
- Prototype units delivered in six weeks
- Delivered at a lower cost to customer than the encoder it replaced
Custom actuator to replace LVDT measurement device
Customer: Major automotive & aerospace die cast manufacturer
Solution: Based on SMAC’s LCA25-025 actuator model, but with bespoke encoder signal specifications to match the customer’s existing electrical interface.
- “MCA-Inside” technology allowed quick development of a drop-in replacement
- Connector, cabling and encoder voltage matched to customer requirement
- Significantly lower cost than competition (well-known sensor manufacturers)
- Custom shaft tip
Please get in touch to discuss your requirements for custom optical encoders and find the best for your application.