Piezo Motors and Stages
Stepping Piezoelectric Actuators (SPA) are new long-stroke linear or rotating piezoelectric motors for micro/nano positioning applications benefiting from proven APA® heritage. They operate by accumulation of small steps. The motion can be either linear (LSPA motors) or rotary (RSPA motors).
The motors can be supplied with the dedicated controller SPC45 or with standard Linear Amplifiers CA45 or LA75.
The Piezoelectric Motors SPA have the following outstanding characteristics and benefits:
• High speed up to 70mm/s. Reduces cycle times and increases productivity
• Blocking at rest. Power can be removed when the motor is in position.
• Resistance to external forces (shock, vibrations). Ideal for embedded applications
• Strong miniaturisation possibilities.
• Non magnetic. The motor is MRI compatible and does not generate magnetic fields.
• High resolution to the nanometre range if required.
• Life time greater than 10^6 cycles
• Severe environment compatibility (vacuum, cryogenic, clean environment…)
• Few parts: cost-effective solution for series production
SPA piezo motors are targeting biotechnology, medical devices, aerospace, defence, microscopy, laboratory automation, materials characterization, digital imaging, recreational equipment, IC manufacturing and photonics.
Piezo motors provide the smallest size, greatest efficiency, highest precision when applied in these areas.
To fulfill various requirements in terms of driving and control conditions for its pi…
Mainly based on the APA® concept, CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES has developed different mechani…
Patented by CEDRAT TECHNOLOGIES, the Amplified piezoelectric actuator, is a mechanica…
The PPA is a preloaded low voltage piezoelectric actuator using a direct-acting multi…